THE BIGGEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR IS COMING!
New years is the busiest night of the entire year. Check out the post below for tips on how to maximize your earnings!
How Much Can I Earn?
Halloween was our biggest night to date in Hamilton, and we completed 2.5x as many trips as a normal Saturday on this occasion, and average partner hourly earnings increased by 40% from 8pm - 4am to an average of over $50/hr in gross bookings!
Click on the button below to let us know that you'll be driving on New Years Eve!
WHEN SHOULD I DRIVE?
Expect demand to continue for the next few days as riders finish holiday preparations and squeeze in a few more holiday parties! Demand may decrease for a day or two around Christmas, but we expect it to pick back up on the weekend and build into a HUGE night on New Year's Eve!
When to Drive on New Year's Eve:
- Demand will really start to build up from 7:00pm on
- Things will slow down from 11:00pm to 12:30am as people ring in the New Year
- The busiest hours of the night will be from 1:00 - 4:00am, so be sure to stay on late to maximize your earnings!
Outside of New Year's Eve, the busiest times for Uber Riders are the following:
- Monday to Friday AM Rush (7 AM - 10 AM)
- Monday to Friday PM Rush (4 PM - 7 PM)
- Friday and Saturday Nights (9 PM - 3 AM)
PRO-TIPS FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE
New Year's Eve will be the busiest night of the year! Make sure that you're prepared to make it your best by checking out these tips for how to make this the most enjoyable experience for you and your riders!
- Roadside drunk driving checks - Uber partners are safe to go through any drunk driving spot-check. Remind your riders to wear their seatbelts!
- Picking Up - Only stop in safe designated areas and contact your rider through the app, to share your location and car colour! When your rider arrives, be sure to confirm their identity by asking for their name.
- Traffic - Ask your rider for their preferred directions and take secondary roads (the GPS sometimes recommends main roads that are much busier).
- Rider Cancels - We track rider cancellation behaviour and know that this can be frustrating. Call or text your rider and remember you get $5 for any rider cancel after 5 minutes.
For more tips and tricks related to driving on New Year's Eve, check out this page!
WHERE SHOULD I DRIVE?
Check out the map below! It's a map of all the people who have already downloaded the Uber app and are looking for rides! The areas in darkest red are the busiest!
Try hanging out near McMaster University, Jackson Square, or Hess Village. Those are hotspots!
WHAT'S THE WEATHER IN Hamilton THIS WEEK?
Watch out for rain and cold evening temperatures, which are both likely to drive up demand this week.
SURGE PRICING ACTIVATED!
Surge pricing is now active in Hamilton. As demand increases, Uber's prices increase to encourage more partners to hit the road. Please click below to learn how surge pricing works
The best way to reach us is by email. We monitor our inbox 24/7!