Did you know you can pre-populate text messages in your phone and use shortcuts? Find yourself always telling riders that you've arrived, stuck in traffic or unable to park outside their building? Make it a shortcut by following the steps below:
MAKING A SHORTCUT
- Go to your menu and click settings
- Scroll down and select "Language & Input"
- Scroll down and select "Personal Dictionary"
- Select "English (United States)"
- Tap the top right where it says "Add"
- Write a sentence in the top and include a short cut (make it easy to remember)
- Hi! This is your Uber driver, I'm outside
- Hi! I am just stuck in traffic, I'll be there soon!
- I couldn't find a space to park, I am on the corner
using the shortcut
- When you're ready to send a message, tap the top right to navigate to the contact screen
- Tap "Contact"
- Tap "Message" and to bring up your SMS app
- Type in your short cut, in this example it was "here"
- You will see the pre-written text message populate above, tap it, and the message will be populated in your SMS app.
- Send the message to the rider!